Career Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How can I learn about orthotics and prosthetics?
If you are considering pursuing a career in orthotics and prosthetics (including Fitters & Technicians), visit the following links to learn about educational requirements and work opportunities.
The American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists has created a website specifically to increase awareness of and recruitment for careers in O & P.
The National Commission on Orthotic & Prosthetic Education (NCOPE)
NCOPE is committed to promoting education in the field of orthotics and prosthetics and raising educational standards. You may also access a list of accredited schools at this site.
- How can I find out about Hanger’s O&P residency program?
Hanger conducts interviews for potential residents at schools that have prosthetic and orthotic practitioner programs. Our residency program offers paid one-year residencies to new graduates who are preparing for their ABC certification. Frequently, these residencies lead to permanent jobs with Hanger. Contact Bob Lin at email@example.com or Pam Cavaliere at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our residency website.
- Does Hanger have an Orthotic and/or Prosthetic Internship Program?
Unfortunately at this time, we do not offer co-ops or internships other than those related to the residency program listed above.
- How can I find out which of Hanger’s 700 locations is closest to where I want to work?
Click here to find the Patient Care Clinics closest to where you want to work.
- What benefits does Hanger offer?
For a complete overview of employee benefits, return to the Career Opportunities home page and click on the button that says “Benefits”.
- When do benefits start for new employees?
Benefits for new employees become effective the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- How can I find open positions at Hanger?
Just click here to search jobs.
- How do I apply for a job at Hanger?
Please follow the instructions from the "Job Listings" page. Please note: resume attachments need to be in MS Word of PDF attachments to be readable.
- Do I have to apply for each job I am interested in?
Yes. In order to be considered for multiple positions, you must apply or submit your resume for each unique job posting.
- What happens to my resume/application after it is received by Hanger?
Provided you meet the necessary requirements for the position, your resume or application will be forwarded to the designated hiring manager. The hiring manager will then determine who he or she will contact for a phone or in-person interview.
- Are resumes/applications reviewed by people or computers?
All candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be reviewed by a recruiter.
- How can I contact the hiring manager?
While we appreciate a candidate's desire to make personal contact with a hiring manager, we are unable to provide this to candidates. If the hiring manager wants to interview you, either by phone or in person, he or she will contact you.
- Will I hear back from Hanger after I apply?
Yes. Candidates who successfully apply on line by filling out an application and building a profile will receive a confirmation email almost immediately.
If you believe you completed all the necessary information for the online application and do not receive a confirmation email, please contact email@example.com to verify receipt of your application.
- How can I find out the status of my application?
Provided you completed the online profile you may view the status of your application at any time by logging into Hanger's applicant system.
- How long does the hiring process take at Hanger?
The hiring process generally takes four to eight weeks. Once the position has been filled it will be removed from our active jobs listed on our website.
- Can I be alerted to future open positions at Hanger?
Definitely! We encourage all candidates to create a search agent for their desired location or position of interest. Simply do a keyword, location or category search and the Job Search Agent option will appear on your screen.
Or stay connected with our recruiters on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/in/dyancassady
- Can I move to another geographic location after I am hired?
Yes, there are opportunities to relocate to a different city or state. You will be required to follow protocol, which is telling your immediate supervisor of your desire and then contacting the appropriate recruiter.
You may request a transfer to any Hanger facility where a position becomes available. As a Hanger employee you will be considered ahead of those applying from outside the company. Of course we cannot guarantee the availability of specific jobs in specific locations, but with more than 700 offices, the odds are pretty good that you can make a move and remain employed with Hanger.
- Who can I contact for more information about future opportunities at Hanger?
Please email Dyan Cassady at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jewel Roberson for clinical positions at email@example.com
- What reasonable accommodations does Hanger offer to applicants with disabilities?
Should you need accommodation in completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 512-777-3714 or email Dyan Cassady at firstname.lastname@example.org